[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security presentation at Hack.lu 2011

Jim Small jim.small at cdw.com
Thu Sep 22 17:56:17 CEST 2011

Karl,

To address your questions:
1) SeND (Secure Neighbor Discovery Protocol) Info including sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Neighbor_Discovery_Protocol
And a good overview (saw lots of comments on the list):
http://ipv6.com/articles/research/Secure-Neighbor-Discovery.htm

Ideally I could point you to a Live CD but I couldn't find one.  I'll ask around and post back if I can find one.  I know several people well who have setup SeND with Linux/IOS so I know it's possible.

2) Official proclamation from Microsoft the SeND is not implemented in Windows:
Updated this August, from the Authorization for Automatically Assigned Addresses and Configurations section, "Microsoft does not support SEND in any version of Windows."

3) Definitive information on SeND support from Apple for OS X - unfortunately I couldn't find it.  I'll post back if I can.

4) Bonus - How to setup SeND in IOS:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/configuration/guide/ip6-first_hop_security.html#wp1112987

--Jim