[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security presentation at Hack.lu 2011

Jim Small jim.small at cdw.com
Wed Sep 28 01:40:11 CEST 2011

> > as for manual config, not sure if anybody here regards this as a viable way
> in the IPv6 world...
> >
> I generally manually configure all servers and use RA/SLAAC for most client
> hosts. I think that manual configuration is not only viable in IPv6, but, is the
> preferred method for configuring hosts which provide named services in
> most cases.

As we scale towards trillions of Internet nodes with business/organizations wanting to decrease operational costs I'm wondering if the servers should always be statically addressed idea should be revisited with IPv6.  I have heard of some service providers using completely dynamic provisioning successfully.

--Jim