[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

Marc Heuse mh at mh-sec.de
Thu Aug 23 15:24:15 CEST 2012

Hi Jim,

> "If some network engineer says 'let's make a global company all
> IPv6', I would fire that guy, because it costs millions and the
> benefit is zero."

several things in the article wrong and I asked to review the article
before it goes online (he told me their technical security article
writer left a week ago), that statemnt is mine however :-)

what I am talking about is enabling IPv6 internally. There is no need
for this. no business need. So anybody wanting to do this without
necessity should be fired.

I also always advice that companies should IPv6 enable the front-end
DMZ. but nothing else.

> That said, in the space I work in Cisco and Microsoft have done IMHO a
pretty good job addressing the issues.

I agree with Cisco, for Microsoft, sorry, no. A company which does not
fix critical local LAN issues because of ego reasons in the IPv6 stack
team - I can't take them seriously.

Greets,
Marc

--
Marc Heuse
www.mh-sec.de

PGP: FEDD 5B50 C087 F8DF 5CB9  876F 7FDD E533 BF4F 891A