[ipv6hackers] IPv6 prefix changing

The Fungi fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Mar 9 20:16:36 CET 2012

On 2012-03-09 10:30:23 -0800 (-0800), Owen DeLong wrote:
> Of course the bigger question in all of this is the ethical
> problem with all of those partner ISPs giving you access to those
> RADIUS transactions and the user's flow data to begin with.

Agreed. That always amazed me... they were usually willing to give
up access to their users for competitive ISP marketing intelligence,
encouragement from our salespeople, and sometimes a cut of the
earnings. Really, though, it was the post-BBS "Wild West" back then,
and any of the small ISPs were eager to do whatever they could to
keep their businesses in operation for a few more months before
bigger fish (with no concern for user privacy at all) decided they
were profitable enough to eat up for their subscriber base alone.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); PGP(43495829);
WHOIS(STANL3-ARIN); SMTP(fungi at yuggoth.org); FINGER(fungi at yuggoth.org);