[ipv6hackers] Dynamic prefixes & privacy (was: IPv6 prefix changing)

Owen DeLong owend at he.net
Tue Mar 13 19:28:52 CET 2012

Not really, no.

Cookies, hidden gifs, and many other tools make tracking pretty easy
without needing access to the IP address stuff.

Further, even if you look at the rotating prefix implementations, the exterior
address of the home gateway tends to be static enough for tracking purposes
that it probably doesn't matter from a marketing perspective.

Owen