[ipv6hackers] Implications of IPv6 on network firewalls

Marco Ermini marco.ermini at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 17:29:37 CET 2012

On 16 December 2011 23:43, Fernando Gont wrote:
Hi Fernando

[...]
>> IPSec support is (or at least, was until some time ago...) a MANDATORY
>> functionality in IPv6, therefore I would consider this "basic",
>> although we may argue about what do we mean with "basic".
>
> This is the last time I'm going to note this: what the specs say in this
> respect is just words on paper.
>
> At some point you need to make a choice: what the std says vs. reality.

Have you noticed that Microsoft Direct Access (their VPN replacement)
is using IPsec in IPv6?

I believe this closes the discussion: whoever who has an IPsec stack
without IPsec implemented, is going to succumb by natural selection.
Or?...

Cheers
--
Marco Ermini
root at human # mount -t life -o ro /dev/dna /genetic/research