[ipv6hackers] Is there a telecom company which adpated IPv6 network on LTE?

Marco Ermini marco.ermini at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 13:52:24 CEST 2013

I agree with Luis on that, although probably this isn't even enough. Which
rules would you put on such stateful firewall? E.g. Apple Facetime requires
incoming UDP connections...

Cheers

On 29 May 2013 08:51, Luis MartinGarcia. <luis.mgarc at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my opinion, the proper way to protect IPv6 clients that use global
> scope addresses is to place stateful firewalls between the Internet and
> them. NAT is not meant to provide security, even though everyone seems
> to believe that.
>
> Just my two cents.
>
> Regards,
>
> Luis MartinGarcia.
>

> On 05/29/2013 08:27 AM, 김무성 wrote:
> > One of advantage which deploy ipv6 network on telecom is that all
> smart-phone can have a public IPv6 address.
> > But it cause security problem that hacker can attack smart-phone
> directly.
> > If deploy a NAT6/6 or NAT6/4 device for security, availability of ipv6
> is low
> > And have to have ALG (Application Layer Gateway) device for providing
> service. (ex, SIP ALG for VoIP on LTE, etc)
> >
> > Is there a solution that use public IPv6 address on smart-phone and
> strengthen security?

Marco Ermini
root at human # mount -t life -o ro /dev/dna /genetic/research
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcoermini
"Jesus saves... but Buddha makes incremental back-ups!"