[ipv6hackers] RA guard evasion

Eric Vyncke (evyncke) evyncke at cisco.com
Wed May 15 01:05:05 CEST 2013

FX

Thanks for your prompt reply

Point taken regarding the grammar being obvious.

Now, your 2nd point is also fair but I am afraid that the performance would be something such as 10 Gbps for all 48 ports (so about 0.5 Tbps) going down to 100 Mbps aggregated (just a vaguely educated guess) for fragmented packets. Not sure whether network operators would be happy. If they were happy to slowwwww down fragmentation throughput, then the problem would indeed be fixed easily in software.

Now, really going to get some sleep ;-)

-éric