[ipv6hackers] Dual Stack performance

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Thu Dec 1 04:54:23 CET 2011

So I did some hacking  that might get over Cameron's threshold.

Not to build anything, but to look at the dual stack world.

I set up a packet tracer, a bunch of OSes on VMs with a set of browsers, a dual stack service and a set of URLs that are broken in various ways.

And the results are here...http://www.potaroo.net/ispcol/2011-12/esotropia.html

(If anyone has an android device that is IPv6 capable and wants to send me DNS and port 80 tcpdump traces of the device attempting to connect to the URLs listed at the end of the article I'd be grateful)

cheers,

  Geoff