[ipv6hackers] Mailing list administrativia

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Thu Nov 10 18:41:41 CET 2011

Jordi,

On 11/10/2011 04:48 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> I was subscribed since the early beginning, posted 4 times yesterday, the
> first message at least 3 times as didn't went thru, and my 5th message is
> still not there ...

The same message you are responding to answers your question. Please,
*read*:

  Usually, when a new subscriber posts for the first time to the
  mailing-list, I approve his message, and also "unmoderate" him.
  This policy has already prevented quite a few "spam" messages from
  reaching the rest of the subscribers.

It doesn't matter *when* you had subscribed. You had never posted to
this list. That's the point.

That said, you posted the same (commercial) message four times in a row
(with a few minutes/hours in between). Clearly, that's not going to be
of help. If you have a problem with the mailing-list, you contact the
list administrator. -- that's it.

That aside, when I allowed the initial message asking for trainings, I
explicitly asked people to respond *off-list*, because it was clear that
most of the answers would be off-topic. Some of them shared some
insights into the problems that one finds when looking for trainings, or
doing the trainings.

Yours was 100% commercial, and added nothing. Which means that in
retrospective, and in all fairness, I shouldn't even have allowed it to
the list (particularly when I had the chance to moderate it, since you
had not yet been unmoderated).

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont