[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security (slides and training)

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Fri Nov 18 07:33:59 CET 2011

Le 2011-11-18 à 15:25, Marc Heuse a écrit :

>>> REALLY???? So give me some references of SP who have deployed NAT444???
>>
>> Many mobile providers provide mifi hotspots or hotspots on phones that are
>> effectively Nat444.
>
> one I know will move from NAT444 to NAT4444, no kidding.

of course, this happens already in the field, mobile operator or not, managed or not. it is pretty common to have two chained NATs in a home or public networks, then you add tethering and or connection sharing and a CGN in the upstream provider, you have easily 4 NATs in the path. (and "nobody" cares because the "Internet is over http").

Marc.