[ipv6hackers] Implications of IPv6 on network firewalls

Frederic Bovy fred at fredbovy.com
Thu Nov 24 13:02:14 CET 2011

CISCO default is to deny by default the Routing Headers.
For the others I don't know and dont't think so.

I am not sure that we should deny all the headers by defaults as some of them are required for basic  IPv6 features (hop by hop with Router Alert for MLD)...
Ok I have read that MLD should also be disabled by default.

So just unplug the MAC and you'll be safe!

Fred