[ipv6hackers] my IPv6 insecurity slides

Owen DeLong owend at he.net
Mon Nov 28 23:51:11 CET 2011

On Nov 28, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Doug Barton wrote:

> On 11/28/2011 11:49, Cameron Byrne wrote:
>> I would say the Smartphones on IPv6 are one of the reasons to go to IPv6.
>
> For the content providers, sure. I thought we were talking about
> SOHO/Enterprise networks?
>
> It's not just "IPv6 all the way down," context is important. :)

I certainly was talking about enterprise. Simple reality is that by the time significant
web sites are forced to IPv6-only (which is closer than I think many believe),
enterprises without IPv6 capabilities will be at a disadvantage playing catch up.

As I said, IPv6-only content (which is coming in spite of claims to the contrary)
is only one of several reasons I already elicited for enterprises to deploy IPv6
sooner rather than later.

Owen