[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security presentation at Hack.lu 2011

fred fred at fredbovy.com
Thu Sep 22 22:47:59 CEST 2011

Hi Joackim,

Yes I was aware that all the stateful devices can be the target of a DoS
attack

A DHCP server for instance is vulnerable to DoS attack as it is easy to
empty their pool by sending a lot of request and then keep their CPU very
busy to manage all the states.

For NAT also, we can see the same thing occuring.

But I was curious for a scenario where NAT can permit undetected MITM
attack. I can imagine how it is occuring actually because you are not seen
with your own address but with an address coming from a NAT pool. So there
is no way to identify the attacker with its address. But I was not aware of
such exploits... So any info providing more details about such exploit
interest me...

Thanks anyway.
Fred