[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security presentation at Hack.lu 2011

fred fred at fredbovy.com
Tue Sep 27 04:33:27 CEST 2011

I would then say that it is a bit more complicated to fool NDP than ARP
because of its more sophisticated FSM, NUD, and so on...

So why NDP could be worse than ARP ? Because it can advertise a default
router with a RA? If the answer is yes maybe there is a way (which I would
not recommend anyway) to stop the router from sending RA and configure the
end node from DHCPv6 or manually. Just like IPv4 would do.

Or is there anything else where NDP spoofing is worst than ARP spoofing ? I
would really think the opposite...

Fred

--

Fred Bovy