[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security presentation at Hack.lu 2011

Erik Kline ek at google.com
Thu Sep 29 01:15:02 CEST 2011

> > Security obtained by injecting options into DHCP then
> > picked up via snooping is not without issues.
>
> Note sure what you mean.

I didn't either, but I assumed it was a reference to the practice of access
layer gear (DSL, ...) inserting "subscriber line identifiers" into your DHCP
requests so that the DHCP server can tell which subscriber is asking and
return a custom result.  There's the same thing for RS's as well, so that
the right RA can be determined and returned (unicasted to you).

But I could be totally mistaken.