[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Aug 23 17:33:38 CEST 2012

On Aug 23, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Marc Heuse <mh at mh-sec.de> wrote:

> via proxies of course.
> do you allow your users to connect to internet services without security
> proxies? that would be a very bad call.

Higher-ed security teams have practically turned this into an art form.

There still seems to be a big disjoint between "business" perspective and higher-ed perspective regarding network security.  Are the companies that exclusively use proxies for internet access getting compromised less and seeing less time between compromise and remediation than places with strong network security teams?  I'd say no.

  .Seth

--
Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network