[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

-Hammer- bhmccie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:39:58 CEST 2012

I don't 100% agree. I think it depends on the business. For many
businesses there is no need and I agree with you on that. But businesses
that interact heavily with the government (Financial, Healthcare, etc)
may find they are more pressed to have v6 reach inside their WAN for
extranets/vpns/etc. That is certainly our case. We are trying to avoid
any type of 6to4 6n4 6over4 (say when) implementations that are
contradictive to the true intent of IPv6. The result is that we are
seriously discussing a dual stack rollout over the next 24 months. We're
already deploying on the edge and about to migrate to the core. WAN is
next...

-Hammer-

"I was a normal American nerd"
-Jack Herer