[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Aug 24 00:42:23 CEST 2012

On 8/23/2012 11:35 AM, Fernando Gont wrote:
> Maybe some get frustrated that after 30+ of IPv4, we're going through
> all the hassle of deploying a somewhat similar protocol, with no
> improvements in areas where its predecessor (IPv4) failed.... just for
> the longer addresses.

And some of us are frustrated that in what is quite possibly the worse
case of second system syndrome ever documented in tech history, the
quick and obviously necessary fix of "IPv4 with longer addresses" was
discarded in favor of building a grand edifice that a decade later still
has few residents.

Doug

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what