[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

Marc Heuse mh at mh-sec.de
Sat Aug 25 13:47:29 CEST 2012

>>> It's also an attack that the best defence against is to deploy v6
>>> across your entire network.
>>
>> I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion. RA flooding has nothing
>> to do with IPv4.
>
> My understanding is that windows hosts are vulnerable to the attack
> whether or not IPv6 is turned on on the host.

well this is not the case. IPv6 has to be enabled, which is the default.

this is similar to the "there is no dhcp protection for ipv4" you said
before.

maybe your opinion why ipv6 deployment should be done now and the risk
is neglectable comes from that you are a good network guy, but you
knowledge of the security issues and impacts are not as deep?

Greets,
Marc

--
Marc Heuse
www.mh-sec.de

PGP: FEDD 5B50 C087 F8DF 5CB9  876F 7FDD E533 BF4F 891A