[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

Tim Chown tjc at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Aug 30 12:28:31 CEST 2012

On 29 Aug 2012, at 22:09, SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote:

> Hi Tomas,
> At 03:27 29-08-2012, Tomas Podermanski wrote:
>> Fore those who might be interested in our experience  with deploying
>> IPv6 within university campus we sum upt it in
>> http://ipv6.vutbr.cz/article/deploying-ipv6-practical-problems-from-the-campus-perspective/
>
> I suggest formatting the above as an Internet-Draft and submitting it.

Certainly worth running through to extract any protocol issues that as yet have not been covered elsewhere, and identifying if protocol changes are required or whether the issue is operational (best practice). Lack of vendor implementation isn't in itself an IETF issue.

This is a useful draft for people to contribute into:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-matthews-v6ops-design-guidelines-00.txt

And there's also:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-vyncke-opsec-v6-01.txt

The resulting informational RFCs will only be as good as the material people contribute.

Tim