[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Fri Aug 24 08:03:19 CEST 2012

* Marc Heuse

> what I am talking about is enabling IPv6 internally. There is no need
> for this. no business need. So anybody wanting to do this without
> necessity should be fired.

http://static.usenix.org/events/lisa11/tech/full_papers/Babiker.pdf

(I met Irena earlier this year. She wasn't looking for a job.)

> I also always advice that companies should IPv6 enable the front-end
> DMZ. but nothing else.

So how can exactly will your ops staff be able to know the IPv6-enabled
front-end service actually work, and debug them if they don't, if they
don't have IPv6 connectivity internally?

For us, being able to do so is of utmost importance. That's why we had
IPv6 on our office LANs long before we deployed it on any
customer-facing production service.

--
Tore Anderson