[ipv6hackers] Pros and Cons of Address Randomization

Owen DeLong owend at he.net
Mon Dec 3 20:33:10 CET 2012

On Dec 3, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Mark Smith <markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

Disadvantageous does not mean not an advantage. If something is not an advantage, it is merely neutral.
On the other hand, disadvantageous indicates some distance beyond neutral in the opposite direction of advantageous. That is, it is detrimental, not merely neutral.

I did not say that camouflage was disadvantageous or even that it was not advantageous.

I did say that the only thing proved by nature not killing it off was that it was not disadvantageous. It could be neutral (of no positive value) and still survive.

Your stated premise was that if it was not advantageous, it would be killed off. That premise is a distortion.

Owen