[ipv6hackers] Pros and Cons of Address Randomization

opykuskus at gmail.com opykuskus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 12:24:18 CET 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: TJ <trejrco at gmail.com>
Sender: ipv6hackers-bounces at lists.si6networks.com
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:22:00
Subject: Re: [ipv6hackers] Pros and Cons of Address Randomization

> > But I see it as the only possibility to migrate millions of SOHO
> networks.
>
> Why? Lots of SOHO networks are already on IPv6 without NATv6 and I don't
> see what possible advantage you are advocating here.
>
> Owen

Indeed, my home has native IPv6 ... no tunnels, no custom firmware, no
sweaty handshakes with my ISP.  My ISP happens to have lit up native in my
service region, I happen to have a D3 capable CM and a reatively modern CPE
(off the shelf) that does DHCPv6+PD on the uplink.

And it all "just works" - my wife, daughter and any visitors I let onto my
network are IPv6 enabled and don't know it (except that I told them, and
they still don't really care ... which, again, is actually part of the
point).

So ... what problem are we trying to solve by adding NATv6 into htis
picture / conversation?

/TJ