[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security tools released

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Wed Jul 4 04:17:52 CEST 2012

On Jul 3, 2012, at 3:12 PM, Fernando Gont wrote:

> I ask
> because, for most uses, producing the packet captures is simply a matter
> of running the tools and tcpdump on the same system...

Agreed, I was just hoping to avoid the need to do that.  I'm one of the lead developers of Bro-IDS and our upcoming 2.1 release has very good IPv6 support, but I want to make sure that we cover the functionality of as many tools like yours as possible.

Sometimes the need to figure out how to run tools like you wrote correctly is just enough of a barrier that it will stay on my "todo list" for far too long.  Not a problem if you can't share any packets, I was just asking with my fingers crossed.

  .Seth

--
Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network