[ipv6hackers] Definition of "struct ip6_opt" in Mac OS

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Tue Jul 17 15:46:57 CEST 2012

Folks,

While working on porting the IPv6 toolkit to Mac OS, I had to define
"struct ip6_opt", since apparently it was not defined in netinet/ip6.h
for Mac OS 10.7.4 (as *is* defined for *BSD and Linux).

This fixed the problem, but then other folks with newer versions of Mac
OS (10.8.0 Darwin), reported that the toolkit (scan6.c, specifically)
would not compile on un such versions ("struct ip6_opt" was being
redefined).

Can anyone double-check that this si the case? And, if so, any hints on
which version of Mac OS removed (?) this definition?

Probably, I may define such a structure with some local name, and use
that one rather than the "standard" struct ip6_opt -- which is probably
not really standard.

Thanks!

Best regards,
--