[ipv6hackers] Definition of "struct ip6_opt" in Mac OS

Adrian Bool adrian.bool at revolution.net.eu
Thu Jul 19 22:24:24 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Fernando Gont <fgont at si6networks.com>wrote:

> However, if the header files come with Xcode rather than the system,
> what matters (at least for this specific case) is the *Xcode* version
> rather than the OS version....

Yeah; this is why its so bloody silly Apple aren't distributing the headers
with the OS - the two can get out of sync :-/

There is a /usr/include/Availability.h file which includes,

#define __MAC_10_0      1000
#define __MAC_10_1      1010
#define __MAC_10_2      1020
#define __MAC_10_3      1030
#define __MAC_10_4      1040
#define __MAC_10_5      1050
#define __MAC_10_6      1060
#define __MAC_10_7      1070
#define __MAC_NA        9999   /* not available */

If you've got 10.6 headers installed; then I'd imagine the __MAC_10_7
contact would be undefined…  Perhaps a good enough handle to make a choice?

Cheers,

aid

--

Adrian Bool, Director, Network Revolution Limited

e adrian.bool at revolution.net.eu

w http://revolution.net.eu/

m +44 7525 781 982

*Learn and share IPv6 knowledge for free at
**http://ipv6exchange.net/*<http://ipv6exchange.net/>

Network Revolution Limited, 145-157 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW,
United Kingdom.

Registered in England and Wales, 7607414.