[ipv6hackers] Definition of "struct ip6_opt" in Mac OS

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Sat Jul 21 10:12:36 CEST 2012

Hi, Adrian,

Thanks so much for your response! --  Comments inline...

On 07/20/2012 10:05 AM, Adrian Bool wrote:
> The following seems to work OK on my system,
>
> #if defined(__APPLE__)
> #include "AvailabilityMacros.h"
> #ifndef AVAILABLE_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_7_AND_LATER
> /* IPv6 options */
> struct ip6_opt{
> uint8_t  ip6o_type;
> uint8_t  ip6o_len;
> } __attribute__ ((__packed__));
> #endif
> #endif
>
> …and hopefully won't break on 10.8 and above…  I don't have such a
> system to test with though.

I will double-check this patch with the folks reporting the compilation
problem, and will apply it if it fixed the problem (i.e., it's enough to
make scan6 compile on al Mac OS versions).

Meanwhile, I have commited a patch that fixes this problem the "dirty"
way: rather than use the system-defined "struct ip6_opt", I have defined
the same structure internally, with the name "struct ip6_option".

(Clearly, your patch is cleaner.. hence I'd like to be able to apply it).

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks