[ipv6hackers] SEND implementation Patent

Richard Barnes richard.barnes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 15:57:20 CET 2012

That's also just an application, not a granted patent.  So there's
nothing enforceable unless it gets granted.

Even if it is granted, any claims related to SEND would seem to be
trivially invalid, given that the patent was filed in 2007, while RFC
3971 is dated 2005:
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3971>

There is also an IPR notification from Ericsson on RFC 3971, but they
assert that they will not enforce against implementors of the
standard.

I would say that there's nothing to worry about here.

--Richard