[ipv6hackers] IPv6 Security research

Marco Ermini marco.ermini at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:39:41 CET 2012

On 20 March 2012 12:20, Marc Heuse wrote:
>> [...] Unfortunately I don't see
>> IPv6 coming soon for the service provider part, but we'll start
>> internally - and of course I may be wrong.
>
> deutsche telekom was originally planning to roll out dual stack on DSL
> last summer, then moved to winter and we still havent seen it yet; and
> were testing for mobile phones too.
> I don't know about their current status, but my guess is they for the
> moment dropped the plan for IPv6 on mobile phones and rather put in just
> another NAT layer ;-)

As I said earlier: NAT layer = €€€ to some major supplier... one hands
washes the other and management doesn't need to understand anything,
just buy the package.

>  For the DSL roleout I'd assume they plan for
> Summer, but thats just a guess.
> But a pilot for IPv6 for business customer is as far as I know later
> this year.

That is interesting.

> I know only for small providers in Germany and France that they offer
> IPv6, no big ones.
>
> If anybody has any other information on large internet and telco
> providers in different countries, I'm interested.

Not very large maybe, but definitively xs4all in The Netherlands are
doing it, and in Slovenia (where NIL is based) is rolled out at least
in the national ISP and the Universities (so I was told), and they
also let me know they have IPv6 mobility extensions deployed (which
are another nice thing to look for security, don't know if you have
already played with that?).

Cheers
--
Marco Ermini
root at human # mount -t life -o ro /dev/dna /genetic/research