[ipv6hackers] Dynamic prefixes & privacy (was: IPv6 prefix changing)

S.P.Zeidler spz at serpens.de
Wed Mar 21 18:48:48 CET 2012

Thus wrote Owen DeLong (owend at he.net):

> I'm not sure how PE helps to resolve this at the prefix level.

It's not meant to. But if your goal is privacy, all change-my-prefix
actions are pointless is you are using a fixed, worldwide-unique local
part through all prefix changes.

For privacy at the address level, neither prefix changes alone
nor PE alone is sufficient, you must use both to get the same level
of mild obfuscation as you are getting from changing addresses
in IPv4 now.

regards,
	spz
--