[ipv6hackers] IPv6 Security research

Marc Heuse mh at mh-sec.de
Fri Mar 23 23:51:15 CET 2012

Hi Fyodor,

Am 23.03.2012 21:07, schrieb Fyodor:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:30:23PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:

> 3. Send an ICMPv6 router acknowledgement packet with a random address
>    prefix, causing hosts to begin stateless address auto-configuration
>    (SLAAC) and send a solicitation for their newly configured
>    address.

although this works very well, it is a disrupive mechanism. hosts are
now thinking they have IPv6 connectivity and if a DNS reply has AAAA
records this breaks most applications.

you should add the multicast discovery general query message to your
nasl scripts, that technique is still missing.

I think I can foresee nmap is killing my thc-ipv6 tools same as you did
with amap ;-)

Greets,
Marc
--
Marc Heuse
www.mh-sec.de

PGP: FEDD 5B50 C087 F8DF 5CB9  876F 7FDD E533 BF4F 891A