[ipv6hackers] Implications of IPv6 on network firewalls

Marco Ermini marco.ermini at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:46:50 CEST 2012

On 25 March 2012 20:46, Fernando Gont wrote:
[...]
>> Have you noticed that Microsoft Direct Access (their VPN replacement)
>> is using IPsec in IPv6?
>
> Sorry, but... what does that prove?

That any company that wants to place a network device in an enterprise
will have to support it.

> I guess your assessment is good for the environment, since I consider it
> unlikely for, say, printers to ship with all the machinerary necessary
> to make the printing job work over IPsec (over IPv6).

http://h30046.www3.hp.com/large/solutions/JetDirect635n_WW_DS_Rev_1.pdf ;-)

Secure printing is an important issue in a major enterprise... not to
be underrated...

Cheers
--
Marco Ermini
root at human # mount -t life -o ro /dev/dna /genetic/research