[ipv6hackers] IPv6 Security research

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Mon Mar 26 21:58:36 CEST 2012

On 03/26/2012 06:58 PM, Marc Heuse wrote:
>>> where the frag id is the same and the offset of the 2nd packet points to
>>> byte 1992 of the dsthdr in the first pkt.
>>
>> Ok, I see where you're going. But overlapping fragments are already
>> forbidden, and that behaviour is already implemented at least in current
>> versions of most operating systems.
>
> yes, most operating systems in their most current version just
> implemented it. But many systems will not have the protection for the
> next year or longer. Think embedded Linux, systems which are not allowed
> to be updated.

Yep. I should probably add a note about this in the I-D.

>>> http://2012.hackitoergosum.org/blog/schedule/schedule
>>> ;-)
>>
>> Yep, but I didn't understand the comment you made about the order... Did
>> you imply that your presentation is going to be about IPv6 security?
>
> actually they do not know what my keynote topic is yet.
> but I assume they placed you after me because we are the two IPv6 guys

Yeah... it'd been great to have to IPv6 presentations back to back --
particularly with some hacking, since most of the stuff out there is
usually a rehash of something already prsented.

> ... but my keynote will note be about IPv6.

Now I'm curious about the topic!

> But you choose your presention title funny - my original title without
> the "in-" :-)

I think it ended-up being like that by coincidence, the realized about
yours, thought about changing it, but then realized it was funny :-)

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks