[ipv6hackers] Operational ICMPv6 Filtering

daniel.bartram at bt.com daniel.bartram at bt.com
Thu May 31 15:12:47 CEST 2012

>> Congratulations for dropping neighbor discovery, and killing all your v6 right away.

Following implicit rules exists at the end of each IPv6 ACL to allow ICMPv6 neighbour discovery.

Permit icmp any any nd-na
Permit icmp any any nd-ns
Deny ipv6 any any

At least on Cisco anyway... I'm not aware though that other vendors do this? So as far as I'm aware, my ACL wouldn't affect the operation of IPv6 at all... Of course, I could be wrong?

Dan.