[ipv6hackers] flood_router6 oddity

Marc Heuse mh at mh-sec.de
Sat Oct 13 18:24:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have seen this oddity too. All other systems configuring addresses,
and the safer ones until the limited (e.g. 255 for Solaris) but Linux
not setting a single one when flooding.

that being said, I recommend flood_router26 (new in 2.0) instead of
flood_router6. Its way more effective and also affects *BSD with a new
attack vector.

Greets,
Marc

--
Marc Heuse
www.mh-sec.de

PGP: FEDD 5B50 C087 F8DF 5CB9  876F 7FDD E533 BF4F 891A