[ipv6hackers] Win7 - no managed flag, DHCP address released?!?

Owen DeLong owend at he.net
Thu Oct 18 20:21:08 CEST 2012

I think that the behavior is within the letter of the law as it were for the RFCs, though I would agree not the best possible choice of actions.

However, two routers with disagreement in the M bit in the RAs they place on the same link is, IMHO, a misconfiguration to begin with and ill-defined or un-defined results should be expected in such circumstances.

You've just described current Windows ill-defined behavior in the face of such a misconfiguration. As much as I'd like to pick on Micr0$0ft, I would say that it is quite likely other systems do equally strange things in the face of such conflicting configuration information.

Owen