[ipv6hackers] IPv6 implications on IPv4 nets: IPv6 RAs, IPv4, and VPN "evasion"

Marc Heuse mh at mh-sec.de
Tue Sep 4 18:22:55 CEST 2012

Hmm the VPN software versions I have seen prevent you from using any
other IP connections that into the tunnel.

Where this is not the case or where there is a bug, this however would
be a problem. (I remember somone tellimg me that the Cisco VPN client
has or had this bug, that IPv6 was still possible while IPv4
connectivity was filtered for non-tunnel destinations.)

so I think the answer it "it depends" and would require reviewing the
top 5 VPN solutions ...

Greets,
Marc

--
Marc Heuse
www.mh-sec.de

PGP: FEDD 5B50 C087 F8DF 5CB9  876F 7FDD E533 BF4F 891A