[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Thu Sep 6 09:03:28 CEST 2012

Hi Owen,

> SLAAC is useless in 99% of cases without RDNSS. If you have to implement DHCP, you might as well go all the way.

I don't agree at all here. SLAAC+Stateless DHCPv6 works fine. With RDNSS you can optimize a bit and avoid a few extra packets and a little bit of software (stateless DHCPv6 does not require that much code), but SLAAC+Stateless DHCPv6 is certainly not useless. It's what I use on most unmanaged networks.

- Sander