[ipv6hackers] Is there a telecom company which adpated IPv6 network on LTE?

Marco Ermini marco.ermini at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 12:52:24 CEST 2013

On 15 August 2013 14:05, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> In Sweden most mobile Internet providers used globally unique addresses up
> until the addresses ran out.

It is an approach like any other :-)

> Even if it *appears* to be public, you are probably NATted anyway.
>
> Some would use a stateful firewall to either disallow incoming connections
> (some) or just make sure that the TCP state machine was followed (don't
> allow SYN+ACK if the firewall didn't see SYN before).

This would effectively block some specific cases such as Apple Facetime
which requires you to be reachable via UDP (although they may have recently
changed that).

In some local markets we have reserved IP ranges dedicated to iOS devices
to make things easier.

> Was this what you meant by NAT in the above case?

It may be the case. In other cases customers get private IP addresses.

Regards
--
Marco Ermini
root at human # mount -t life -o ro /dev/dna /genetic/research