[ipv6hackers] Attacking Microsoft DirectAccess and Transition Technologies (6to4/Teredo)

Jim Small jim.small at cdw.com
Thu Aug 29 17:35:29 CEST 2013

Hi Enno,

Hoping to work out Troopers for next year...  As for DA use, I can confirm what Luis said - I know of dozens of deployments first hand (in the US) and from asking around it is fairly popular.  I think DA is a good solution if configured right.  I think where there may be weaknesses is especially in older deployments (2008 R2) is where the person setup all the transition technologies without understanding what they were doing or locking them down.  However, I'm not sure about this - that's why I was curious if anyone has probed a DA server (pen tested it).  So really what I'm asking is not if DA has issues, but if you have a Windows 2008 R2 server that's a Teredo server/relay, a 6to4 gateway, perhaps an ISATAP router, and perhaps a NAT64 gateway if any of those could be exploited.

--Jim