[ipv6hackers] Scanning for IPv6 addresses embedding TCP/UDP service ports

Will Urbanski will.urbanski at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:51:37 CET 2013

If you aren't including them already, take a look at the default ranges
used by several of the DHCPv6 implementations that are now available.
Jagornet and WIDE-DHCP both have default range configurations that would be
a nice addition if you don't already have coverage!

The Dragon Research Group did some work on enumerating common IPv6 address
usage patterns a while back. We ended up developing a script to quickly
generate lists of common addresses that might exist under a given prefix.
You can find that work here: https://github.com/dragonresearchgroup/pfuzz

Cheers,

Will