[ipv6hackers] The state of IPv6 (pen)testing and the future

George K. kargig.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:24:20 CET 2013

Hello all,

I've done a couple of IPv6 security related presentations lately, mostly in
Greece, including the one Fernando mentioned at AthCon 2012 where I
presented my small research regarding ACL policies of internet routers.
These presentations don't really show new stuff, they're mostly trying to
get security people motivated towards putting more effort into IPv6
security, so they're summarizing what's already out.
Only in my last talk in RSS2013 I presented the (new) bug(s) I found at the
Linux kernel regarding how it handles temp. addresses. You can follow the
thread here if you want to: http://marc.info/?t=135291265200001
This bug is easily triggered by the new '-A' flag of flood_router26 of
thc-ipv6 package ver 2.1. The bug(s) reported haven't been resolved yet
(and there are more coming).

For those interested, you can find a list of - what I consider -
interesting presentations/papers regarding IPv6 (not just security) here:
https://void.gr/kargig/ipv6/

Keep up the good work :)

Regards,
--