[ipv6hackers] Best Network Tap - for home

Ian McDonald iam at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Jul 11 13:25:49 CEST 2013

I think the idea would be to split the xmit/rcv pairs out onto a socket passively, where you attach a monitor. I'm not sure how that works for bringing the PHY link up from the perspective of the monitoring device, but that paper sent earlier discussed some strategies to fool the link into coming up.

Thanks

--
ian