[ipv6hackers] Best Network Tap - for home

Scott Hogg scott at hoggnet.com
Fri Jul 12 13:47:32 CEST 2013

I have a couple of NETGEAR GS108E ProSafe Plus 8-port GE switches in my lab
that have the ability to port-mirror.
The GUI config utility lets you span a single port or multiple ports to a
monitor port.
http://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/prosafe-plus-switches/gs108e.aspx

Here is where I first learned about this GS108E switch.
http://www.lovemytool.com/blog/2011/07/cheap-and-cheerful-tap-alternative-by-tony-fortunato.html

Here is an article I wrote on using the GS108E with Security Onion.
http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/peeling-security-onion

Here is an article I wrote about other tap solutions.
http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/network-packet-monitoring-matrix-switches

Scott