[ipv6hackers] IDS/IPS state of the art

Marksteiner, Stefan stefan.marksteiner at joanneum.at
Thu Jul 18 17:31:03 CEST 2013

Hi Omar,

as Antonios said, the analysis of IPv6 is not yet effective. Additionally the market is also not yet big and therefore not so attractive. This leads not only to technical issues which can be used to circumvent IDS devices (as stated in Antonios' presentations) but also to a lack of signatures and other measures to detect IPv6 attacks even without evasive methods. Many vendors are plainly still not able to detect basic and well-known IPv6 attack patterns.

Cheers,

Stefan