[ipv6hackers] Nmap patch for TCP Idle Scan in IPv6

Mathias Morbitzer m.morbitzer at student.ru.nl
Sun Jun 9 13:17:32 CEST 2013

Hello,

Because some people were interested, I'm forwarding here my email which I submitted on the Nmap mailing list.

In short terms, I created a patch to implement the TCP Idle Scan for IPv6 in Nmap. I didn't receive much feedback for the patch so far, so every feedback is more than welcome :)

To apply the patch, do a "svn co https://svn.nmap.org/nmap" to get the latest Nmap version, and then apply the patch.

Known issues: In case there is an additional extension header to the fragmentation header, it won't work. If you need another extension header, let me know, and I will try to fix this.

I also appended my results on which operating systems apply incremental/random IPIDs in IPv6. Summed up, try to use a Windows host (except Windows 8) as idle host ;)

Looking forward to your feedback!

Cheers,
Mathias