[ipv6hackers] Looking for feedback on subjective top list of IPv6 security issues

Jim Small jim.small at cdw.com
Fri Mar 8 05:24:08 CET 2013

One thing I wanted to add - I realize there have been a lot of talks on security countermeasures.  For example - use RA Guard.  But as you would all agree - this is not effective with the fragmentation bypass attack.  What I aim to do with this talk is to provide working configurations that actually protect against the example tools that Fernando and Marc provide.  I believe it is possible to create a config which protects against these attacks while not impairing general IPv6 operations.  That's the point of the talk - to provide working, tested configs that protect against these attacks.  That's why I was curious if the consensus is that these are perceived as the more disconcerting IPv6-specific attack vectors.

--Jim