[ipv6hackers] Slides from IPv6 Sec Summit

Antonios Atlasis antonios.atlasis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 11:53:27 CET 2013

Hi Rafa,

the talk wasn't just about TCP port scanning without being detected by
Snort, as it is TOPERA, and generally speaking not just about evading IDS.
It also discusses several other security issues, from OS fingerprinting and
covert channels to firewall evasions (ubder specific circumstances). People
that participated at the live workshops afterwards, know what I mean. But,
the goal of this presentation, if you check the last slide, was not just to
show a dozen of tricks (either new or not) or to provide a few scripts, but
to raise some questions and start a discussion regarding:
a. whether the approach defined in several RFCs is adequate, from a
security perspective, or not.
b. whether the various vendors' implementation (from OS to security/network
devices) meet the various standards.
c. how can we fix them to make the IPv6 world safer (the goal of Troopers)

Regards

Antonios