[ipv6hackers] Zmap

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Sun Sep 1 03:09:52 CEST 2013

people have been scanning the entire v4 address space for nearly two decades.  (I think I was
the first to do an exaustive scan)  Zmap is fraught with the primary problem of scanning, in
that it is -very- noticable and will be blocked by even semi-comatose network admins.

For those of us in the research space, scanning v6 presents some novel challanges.  v4 techniques
are not readily convertable to the v6 universe.  that said, there are a couple of projects which
show promise for low cost, minimal impact scanning of IPv6.   We should see early results
soon.

/bill